There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What surgery?

I'm often asked if the girls are identical. It seems bizarre to those of us who know them well; but for those who don't, a quick glance at the coordinated clothing and similar height and hair color can be misleading.

From the moment I felt movement during pregnancy, I knew my girls would be completely different. I'd like to think it was my mommy-to-be intuition, but the constant action from "Baby B" (who ultimately pushed her way into "Baby A's" position), kind of gave it away.

Since then, my "No Fear" Claire has been on the move -- stopping only to sleep.
And despite the failed doses of Benadryl (kidding!), and the dental visits with sedation (not kidding!), I HOPED she'd surprise me and take a little down time after the Tonsillectomy.

I really should have known better...

After a wild "hulk-child" moment in the recovery room, and an afternoon awake and wiggling, she mostly acted like nothing happened.

I kept waiting for things to get bad -- the dehydration; the terrible pain, etc., etc. However, it never happened. Essentially, this was a good thing. Even though there was no rest for the weary (Granny Kay and me), it was an experience I'm grateful for. Considering all the other "crazy" going on (more to come on that), a speedy recovery from one tough little toddler is quite a blessing.

The picture in this post was taken shortly after we got into the hospital room, post surgery. Absolutely amazing!


3 comments:

Rachele Funk said...

Miss you!

I've also tagged you!

Check out my blogpost for the deets!

See you soon! Rachele

Atalie said...

Hey Tamara,
Got your message and I am excited to see you blog!! I stink at it! I am hoping once school gets back in business and the baby is born I will have more time - ha! ha! My dream world is amazing! I read your entire blog and might I just say - what a treat! Tell Curtis hello and happy belated birthday for me! Your girls have grown so much! I am proud to say that I still can tell the difference! Have you seen or talked to Missy lately? You twin having people are hard to keep up with - see what I have to do to even try!!

Love and Miss You!!
Atalie

Elizabeth said...

SISTER WYATT!!!!!!!!