There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Nothing but time

When you're little, it seems like time moves slowly. At least it did for me. The time between each birthday and Christmas seemed to drip like molasses. But now that I'm an adult, time seems to fly by at a rate that I simply can't keep up with.

And that's not an excuse for not updating my blog in the past ten months, it's just a declaration of how I'm feeling about life in general these days.

I've said it before (probably on this blog) and I'll say it again... "I wish time would slow down." Especially now that I have children. I want to savor every (well, almost every) minute of my time with them. It truly seems like just yesterday that they came home from the hospital...

...just yesterday that I learned to manage two babies' needs at one time.

...just yesterday that they learned to crawl, walk, talk, and run.

...just yesterday that they started Kindergarten.

SERIOUSLY, People...where does the time go?

I suppose it's only appropriate that time moves quickly.

With so many responsibilities and so many things to do in life, it wouldn't be right to move at a snail-like pace. But I refuse for time to make me feel like I'm in a race to get everything accomplished before I cross the finish line. I've done that for too many years now.

Even though I can't control time, I'm going to try and control how it makes me feel. Especially now, the first time in my life that I have the TIME to slow down, even if it wasn't by choice. ;)

I think I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Here's hoping it doesn't fly right by, too!

No comments: