There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History in the making

It's a beautiful and historic day.

It's November 5th and I'm finally updating my blog!

What? You thought I was talking about something else? ; )

While that was said in jest, I would like to take a moment to say that I do (sincerely) believe that today is a historic day for our nation.

In consideration of my family and friends with differing views, and in light of the basic nature of my Blog, I will refrain from commenting specifically on candidates, political opinions, etc.

However, I would like to share the following:

I believe that every American should be proud of this country. Yesterday, each (law-abiding citizen) had the opportunity to vote for the candidates and measures they most agreed with. Ultimately, the voice of the "people" (the majority) was heard. Even if we didn't agree with the decisions made -- each of us was able to speak ("vote") freely! Can you imagine living in a country where those decisions are made for you? I could probably try, but after getting to know someone who has lived in a country like that; I REALLY don't want to.

So that's my two cents on America -- for now...

And here are my thoughts on this historic day for my Blog:

It's been a while, I know.

I'd like to blame Facebook, since that seems to derail some of my evening Blog time. But really, it's just that life is hectic and I have a hard time keeping up.

However, if you're willing to stick with me, I promise to get back to posting (semi) regularly.

Now, to those who keep stalking me in regard to my posts (DD, RF, ML, RM, SR, etc. - you know who you are!)...I heard your voices loud and clear and I'M WORKING ON IT! Consider this a start.

Stay tuned...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw on FB that you were updating your blog and was like "Blog?" where is it? And after filtering through the Facebook Tabs, I found it!

Now just to capture the feed...

oh, you can read my blog... you can follow the blogger profile to find the link or it's right here (www.planet3rry.com). I am trying to get Wordpress to post straight to Facebook as a way to merge the two platforms as so many people are on Facebook but not so much on my blog.

*****

I liked your comment about having things chosen for you and the freedom in America to be able to make a statement and even vote on it! Regardless of who the President is or if I even voted for them, I still respect the position once the person has been chosen. I may not agree with The President, but really, he's just 1 of 3 entities responsible for the actions of The United States... it's just easier to point the finger at one person then... oh 100 fingers at The Senate.

Boy, now the suspense on whether I will get moderated or not... The Suspense ;-)

Me and The Boys said...

I love the picture! Its absolutely gorgeous!!

Suzie Soda said...

So true. I love Virginia and I love America! xoxoxo