There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Guess How Much I Love You?

We had a great Valentine's Day (make that, "Valentine's Week") at Aunt Judy's this year. The girls got to make Valentine's for their pre-school party, which gave me an opportunity to hear more about some of their classmates. They both had someone they wanted to give a "special" Valentine to, which was sweet. At least I thought it was sweet until I realized that one was a little boy!

Later in the week, The Man sent us a yummy Edible Arrangement (MUST HAVE MORE!), took us to dinner at a local seafood restaurant (we love "shrimps!"), ran countless errands with us and even helped me set-up the girls' Valentine's morning surprises. You know, he's good when he wants to be. :)

In honor of the big day, I made the girls pose for a picture or two. During the photo shoot I asked them if they knew how much I loved them.



Miss Independent (above) gave me a huge grin, while Little Miss (below) replied with a pose and comment. Take a look at her picture and see if you can "guess" what the comment was...




Yup -- it was "this much!" I couldn't have been more proud since that phrase comes from one of our favorite Children's books: Guess How Much I Love You. It was the girls nursery room theme and will always be a cherished classic. The Man and I love those kids to the moon and back.

Hope you all had a Happy Heart Day too!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought that Miss Independent had a mouth full of Edible Arrangements... YUMMY YUM YUM!

and Little Miss threw me for a loop with the "Daddy's Girl" shirt on... I was thinking it was more of a "Ta-Da, she my shirt Mommy?" type of thing :-P

Suzie Soda said...

Very cute pics..they arwe getting so big. xoxoxo