There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Love Orange Julius? Me too!

Darn you, Facebook!

As soon as I get a few minutes to update this blog, I end up checking e-mail and that "other" online communication tool for "just a minute or two." Next thing I know I'm caught up looking at friends' status updates, new pictures, 25+ lists, etc., etc. By the time it's all over, an hour or two has gone by and I'm too tired to provide any updates of my own.

So again I say... "DARN YOU, FACEBOOK!"

I really do have updates to make here, including my recent trip to Arizona, Valentine's Day festivities, etc. But until I can get to those, I thought I'd post a quick recipe since it was a hot topic among some friends on Facebook (go figure) yesterday. It's a family favorite that I enjoyed as a kid and am now enjoying with my kids. I think they're especially good while relaxing on the back patio after an evening swim...

Speaking of which, have I mentioned how much I miss this time of year in Arizona? Good times.

Now before I get all nostalgic, go and get those blenders blending! (NOTE: If you'd prefer to save a few steps -- buy the Orange Smoothie Mix found in most grocery store produce sections -- and then just add ice and water). ENJOY!


Orange Smoothie (that's just like a Julius!)

Ingredients:
1/3 cup Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Milk
5-6 Ice cubes
1/4 cup Sugar
2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
1/2 cup Water (optional)

Directions:
Blend ingredients until smooth. Serves 4.
Refrigerate no more than a day.




No comments: