There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Monday, January 25, 2010

Missing Arizona

Several of you have asked me if I miss Arizona. And while much of what happened out there with The Man's job and selling our house still stings a bit, overall, the answer is yes, I do miss some things about Arizona.

While I was reminiscing about my time there, I came across some photos from one of the first Primary activities that Miss Independent and Little Miss went to on their own.

A dear friend convinced me to leave so the girls could enjoy themselves without me making sure they didn't run off for a swim in the lake (inside joke) and they had a great time.

The activity was at our neighborhood park, which is one of the things I miss most about where we lived. It was just a few blocks from our house and seemed like a little oasis in the desert.

Speaking of the desert - I grew to love it more than I thought I would. It's beautiful this time of year and you can even wear sandals since most of the daily temperatures are in the 70's.

Anyway, looking back, I will always cherish the time I spent there and will miss certain things like: the giant moon, wide open spaces, being closer to Granny and Papa, the roadrunners, Saguaro cacti, dear friends, my YW class, scrapbooking on Friday nights, and a backyard pool. :(

However, looking forward, there are many things I love about being back on the east coast. But that's a list for another day. Today is about remembering.


2 comments:

Rachele Funk said...

So excited to make an appearance on your blog! Miss you too!

Kathy said...

I miss you too!!!