There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Monday, January 4, 2010

To blog or not to blog in 2010?

I'm not sure anyone is reading this blog anymore, but I have made a resolution to keep it AND to update it more frequently (my resolution: at least once a week -- wish me luck!)
Why?

Because I'm inspired by something President Eyring said about journaling:


"I wrote down a few lines every day for years. I never missed a day no matter how tired I was or how early I would have to start the next day. Before I would write, I would ponder this question: 'Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?' As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done."

I have definitely seen what God can do in my life and I want to remember it always. Writing things down -- on a blog, in a notebook or on a scrap piece of paper -- not only helps me to remember, but will be something I can leave for my family.

Thanks, MW, for posting such a great quote on your blog. It has inspired me to keep up this work. :)

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I read it!

The Kindle Family said...

Your blog is SO awesome! You have to keep it up so you can continue to inspire your old young women over the long distances between us! BTW how did you get your signature to appear after every post?

Grammy Suzzy said...

I read it too...and love hearing about All of your sweet family! We sure miss you all!

Rachele Funk said...

Keep blogging. . . My kids love to look back at mine (well Mikensee anyway!) and I agree with Eyring. . . I have 20 partial journals, but my blogs keep going!

Olivia Smith said...

Yes, keep blogging! I just read several posts and felt like you were right here with me! It was fun. I now owe YOU a phone call. I've been traveling like crazy -- off to Seattle tomorrow and then DC. Will connect soon...promise.