There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm not ready

It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with twins.

It seems like just yesterday I was juggling two feedings at one time.

It seems like just yesterday that my babies started walking.

But it wasn't just yesterday that these things happened.

Where has the time gone?

I'm not ready.

I'm not ready to send them to Kindergarten.

I'm not ready to wave goodbye as they ride on the school bus for the first time.

I'm not ready to let them grow up.

And yet, I guess I have to be.

Friday is pre-school graduation. I'm barely ready for it. Once it's over, I have approximately two months to get myself ready for the next big step. And at the rate I'm going, it's never going to happen.

I want my babies back.

Sigh -- I know that's never going to happen, but I can still dream and relish the moments that went by way too quickly.

As you can see from the picture, my girls are growing up. And way, way too fast in my opinion. If only I could control time...

No comments: