There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Bithday, Babies!

I know I talk about my babies a lot, but in reality, they aren't babies any more. As of today, they are now six-years-old and growing faster day by day.

If you've kept up with my blog, you know this doesn't make me happy. I'm the kind of person that likes a good thing to last forever, and being a mom to two sweet baby girls was/is the most fun I've ever had. And the fact that time just keeps going by faster and faster reminds me that I need to try to slow down every now and then to relish the moments -- big and small.

Six years ago I received the two biggest blessings in my life. That day brought so much anxiety, but so much joy. Looking back, I don't know how my heart or body handled it all. It definitely wasn't easy, but sooooo worth every minute. Being part of their lives is an adventure I wouldn't trade for anything. I hope Miss Independent and Little Miss never forget much I love and appreciate them.

Happy Birthday, Babies!

OH! And just in case you're wondering...

Yes, we have a big party planned for tomorrow. Stay tuned for pictures and a recap.

1 comment:

Rachele Funk said...

Just thinking of you and wanted you to know it. . . Have a happy day!