There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Arizona life is getting SWEET!

So I'm just about to change the tv channel last night when an upcoming news story grabs my attention...Krispy Kreme is coming back to The Valley!

It's a long story, but Krispy Kreme Doughnuts was here (in my area of AZ), and then they weren't. To add insult to injury, they were here when Curtis and I were house hunting, and they were gone by the time we got here.

I know it's not good to focus on food -- especially the fattening kind -- but Krispy Kreme has been a tradition in my family for years. As a teenager I sold dozens and dozens of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for a variety of fundraisers, and I swore I'd never eat (or sell) them ever again.

From that point on, I was a Dunkin' Donuts girl.

Years later when I was pregnant with the girls, Krispy Kreme started calling my name. I'm not sure if it was the doughnuts calling, or the 24-hour drive thru calling, but it was Krispy Kreme loud and clear. And it only took one (okay, maybe TWO) chocolate iced glazed doughnut, and possibly a glazed sour cream doughnut to convince me to dump Dunkin' and re-commit to Krispy Kreme. (Side note: it's too bad I don't transition as easily in other things!) Anywhoo...

A trip to Krispy Kreme is a real treat for our family (mainly for me and the girls) and has sadly been missing from our weekend travels. I'm looking forward to continuing the Krispy Kreme tradition with Claire and Sydney, although it may not include the fundraising part; unless it offers a discount on the doughnuts we purchase (grins). I hope they have a punch card -- WOO HOO -- life just keeps getting sweeter!

-T

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

they're coming back? when? where? i love them! we also moved back here to find that they were all closing down. it was a sad sad day in my life.

Suzie Soda said...

Krispy Kreme Rocks.