There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Sunday, May 11, 2008

I love being a mom

There are so many things I love about being a mom.

~ I love the fact that despite how bad I look in the morning, the girls still think I'm beautiful.

~ I love being told that my kisses heal boo-boos ("all better, Mommy!).

~ I love hearing the same question over and over. When it starts to get irritating, I remind myself that it means the girls are persistent and that's a talent that will serve them well in life.

~ I love being asked to eat something the girls have fixed in their "kitchen" -- usually it's plastic pizza and invisible juice, but it's always good!

~ I love hearing, "I wuv you, Mommy!"

~ I love going out with the girls. One of our latest outings was a trip to Baskin-Robbins for 31 cent Scoop Night. The pictures in this post were taken with my camera phone as we waited in line.

I could easily keep going, but you get the idea. I love being a mom, even on the days that aren't so easy. Of course as luck would have it (being Mother's Day Eve and all) today was one of those days. One of those days when you end up feeling like a terrible mom, and you wonder if you've scarred your children for life. However, upon reflection, I realize that everything gets better and that love conquers all. It's one of those days that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Before I close this post, I'd like to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom.

Thanks, Mom:
For the strength that keeps me grounded,
and the love that gives me wings to fly.

Love, -Reen

1 comment:

Suzie Soda said...

I love that you are a mom too......you are a great one. I knew you would be. Misss you. suz