There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Introducing: Thankful Thursday

"Thankful Thursday" posts are something I've wanted to do for awhile, but as with other ideas, they got pushed down my "blog to-do list."

However, being thankful daily is a personal goal I've set for myself, and I refuse to delay sharing what I'm thankful for any longer. Frankly, it's just not right. Because as Bob, the Tomato, says, "A thankful heart, is a happy heart." So here goes...

Today, I am thankful for my parents.

From the moment I was born, I knew I was loved. There's absolutely no greater gift my parents could have given me.

They've been there to teach, guide, listen and help whenever I've needed them to. Often, they knew what I needed even when I didn't.

If my girls end up loving me as much as I love my parents, I will consider myself truly blessed.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for all that you have given me. I love you.

It is definitely a thankful Thursday.


No comments: