There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday night is pizza night.

In addition to Family Home Evening, every Monday night is pizza night at our house.

When I say "pizza night," it's not pizza from Papa John's, Pizza Hut or even the $5.55 specials from Little Caesar's.

It's homemade pizza, with Martha White pizza crust mix.

I absolutely love my Martha White pizza crust mix and have been using it for years.

However, to my dismay, none of the grocery store chains in my new Maryland town carry this fabulous mix (believe me, I've been to all of them) -- and none of my attempts to replace it have gone very well. I've tried other mixes, frozen dough, refrigerated dough and even dough from scratch!

So, on my last trip to Richmond, Virginia (I just love that town) I went to my favorite Ukrop's grocery store only to be let down once again. Although they carry the mix, they just happened to be out of it... curses!

A few days later I received a surprise box in the mail that contained several packages of my mix! I cannot tell you how much that surprise made my day! While pizza crust mix may seem trivial to some, it's a staple in our house and one meal that my family gobbles up.

So...THANK YOU, Ro, for making sure that pizza night continues at the Wyatt house. We love you and hope to have you over for Monday night dinner sometime soon.

1 comment:

The Kindle Family said...

Oh how sweet! I bought some of their cornbread mix for matt I guess it was good, I don't eat cornbread. I have to try that recipe out!