There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Birds of a feather...

Um, it's quite possible that I might be crazy.

Or, I might be preparing myself for my next job as a zookeeper.

Either way, life at our house has just gotten a little more exciting.

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted birds.

I love watching them - trying to figure out what kind they are - feeding them - seeing the nests they build, etc.

So, on our last and very innocent trip to the pet store, I allowed the girls (yes, I'll blame them) to talk me into a pair of Parakeets, also known as Budgies.

See, I'm crazy.

Anyway...their names are Sweetie and Tweety and so far, they are a nice addition to the Wyatt Herd. I figure with the four of us, the two cats, dog, two birds and two fish, we are more of a herd than a zoo. But just wait, you never know who might find a home here next...

Of course at that point I'll probably need a padded room.

No comments: