There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday and the girls are celebrating at school with green eggs and ham, Cat in the Hat hats and lots of other Dr. Seussy types of things. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to upload soon.

As an aspiring Children's book author, I can't help but reflect on what a remarkable legacy Dr. Seuss has left for us. His writing is timeless and classic; and regardless of my mood, always makes me smile.

I love, love, love reading his books with my children and I especially love reading "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" Thanks to Uncle E. for sending this favorite to the girls this past Christmas.

If you haven't read it in a while, I highly recommend doing so.

Now, before I close this post, I must also say that today is my mother-in-law's birthday, so I thought I'd send her some Dr. Seuss-style wishes:

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
With cakes, pies and play.

You have loved ones who love you.
You have happiness and health.
You can make everyone's day,
And that's a gift more than wealth!

We love you Mom Beverly,
And we hope you have fun.
As mother-in-law's go...
You're sure number one!

No comments: