There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tooth Fairy Trouble

So it finally happened...

Miss Independent started showing signs of truly growing up by losing her first baby tooth.

I was sad.

I was also frustrated that it happened while we were out of town and I was not prepared.

And here's where the frustration came from...

I was TOTALLY prepared for the event by having a little pillow and bag, journal, bedtime story and gold coins all ready to go since she'd been telling me her tooth was loose for two weeks.

Anyway -- Aunt Judy came to the rescue and we made the event special for Miss Independent.

Another funny thing that happened was that she REALLY lost her tooth. It's somewhere in my van, even though I told her the Tooth Fairy found it. I guess I'd better do some better digging before Miss Independent finds it. Somehow I just have a feeling she will since none of my "planning" for this event went right.

Oh well, at least I'll be ready for Little Miss to loose her first tooth. I hope.


No comments: