There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Block Party!

Before I moved from Maryland I had a craft night with a dear friend of mine, Kelley. We made "Be Blocks," which another friend of mine (Rachele, from Arizona) dreamed up and even had published in a paper craft magazine.

If you've never heard of Gordon B. Hinckley's book, Way to Be!, I highly recommend reading it. It's a book about virtues and highlights nine ways to be happy and to make something of your life.

Here are the nine "Be's"...

1. Be Grateful
2. Be Smart
3. Be Involved
4. Be Clean
5. Be True
6. Be Positive
7. Be Humble
8. Be Still
9. Be Prayerful

Great, great book and a really quick read.

Anyway -- the blocks turned out beautiful and I'm so glad we had an opportunity to make them together. I miss you, Kelley. I'm glad you love the blocks as much as I do. And thanks, Rachele, for creating such a beautiful memento of President Hinckley's "Be's" -- I'll treasure mine forever.

1 comment:

Rachele Funk said...

I love them and I love you! One of these days we'll get together again. Sisters forever!!!