There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm not getting any younger...

The fact that I'm not getting any younger bugs me, but what can I do about it? It's simply a fact of life and something we each have to deal with in our own way.

My way of dealing with it this year is to go to the beach for my birthday and pretend that I'll never hit 40. Unfortunately, I only have one year left until I actually do hit 40, and then I'm afraid it's all down hill from there.

Just kidding -- I know we only get better with age, so I'll manage.

Anyway, back to the beach trip...

I begged The Man to take me and he finally agreed. It's only a three-day trip, but it's still enough time away from reality to give me the refreshing break I need. Stay tuned for pictures -- not of me in a bathing suit, but of the girls having a blast in the sand and ocean. :)

And speaking of pictures, I thought you'd enjoy this one of my Aunt Janie and me at Virginia Beach way back when. She's the hot one, who, by the way, only gets hotter with age. She gives me hope that I'll do the same.

No comments: