There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Monday, August 16, 2010

In my dreams, I'm Wonder Woman

For as long as I can remember, Wonder Woman has been my hero. Like lots of little girls, I would spin around and pretend to turn into Wonder Woman. I would fly around the house in my Wonder Woman Underoos. I would watch the TV show and pretend that it was me fighting crime "in satin tights." :)


Put simply, Wonder Woman is awesome.

And so is my favorite birthday present this year.

My parents sent me this framed picture of Wonder Woman, which I'm proudly displaying in my office. So even if I can't BE Wonder Woman -- make that, even if I can't LOOK like Wonder Woman -- I can still see her every day and pretend that I am her -- out to save the world.

I can also make sure that my little girls grow up being fans too. Of course, they already are -- despite grumblings from The Man, who says the TV shows were a little violent. But what do you expect when you're fighting crime? Saving the world from a Nazi takeover ain't no picnic! Although, when you're Wonder Woman, you can make it look like a picnic. Here's to saving the world and looking great while doing it!

No comments: