There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm a Gleek and proud of it

I am now a Gleek.

I just caught up on Season 1 and am now officially ready for the premiere of Season 2, which airs next Tuesday.

I kept hearing the music and ended up buying a CD before ever watching the show (I have this thing for show tunes). I ended up liking it so much that I had to watch an episode. Within minutes, I was hooked.

It might be a little late, but that's okay. If there's one thing I've learned from Glee, it's that it's okay not to be part of the "in crowd." What's important is that I'm owning my inner diva-ness and singing with the rest of the Gleeks from now on.

If you're not a member, I would highly recommend checking it out. For me, the show has taken me back to my "I wanna be an actress" days and gets me up and moving. I can barely sit still and find myself singing and dancing -- Glee-style. And although they're not watching the show, Miss Independent and Little Miss have been enjoying a few of the tunes too. Our favorite right now is Don't Stop Believin' (by Journey). Good times!


1 comment:

Rachele Funk said...

Oh yeah, sister. . . me too. I actually don't watch the episodes on TV, so I've only seen a few on HULU, but it's definitely the music that hooked me. . . My kids can sing most of them by heart at this point. . . except for maybe HELL-O which I skip when they are in the car. . .

Wish you were her so we could be Gleeks together. :) Miss you!