There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Monday, September 6, 2010

Just keep swimming...

In less than ten hours my babies will be heading off to Kindergarten.

My pulse is racing and I have hundreds of thoughts in my head.

What if we don't get up in time?

What if they refuse to get on the bus?

What if I refuse to let them get on the bus?

What if they have a terrible day?

AAAGGGHHH!

Okay, deep breath. I know I will survive. I'm not the first person to go through this. There are TONS of teachers and volunteers just waiting to help make their day great.

I can do this. I can do this. I WILL do this.

Wish me luck.

I'll be up at the crack of dawn making a "First Day of School" breakfast for the monkeys, then it's off to get them ready, take pictures, put them on the bus, etc.

Stay tuned for a report on how it all goes. Assuming I survive the day...

I feel like Nemo's dad did (in Finding Nemo) on Nemo's first day of school. He was totally paranoid about every little thing and Nemo ended up getting sucked into the fisherman's net.

I guess my mantra should be, "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." like Dory suggests and all will go well.


2 comments:

The Kindle Family said...

What? You're not driving them to school?;) our school doesn't run buses, all the kids live in the neighborhood!

Suzie Soda said...

You did great and thay will blossom this year.
We need to lunch now. xoxo