There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.

- Hodding Carter

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Looking for the albino squirrel

I'm having one of those days. The kind of day where everything goes wrong -- from the minute you get out of bed, until the minute you fall asleep that night.

I hate those days.

I suppose I could take the high road and say that I'll learn something from this day.

I could remind myself that it's all worth it -- even if I can't see the reasons clearly right now.

I could think of all the things I'm grateful for, or throw myself into some act of service...

However, the only thing me and my bad attitude want to do is go back to bed and start over again. Unfortunately, life doesn't have a rewind button. Plus, it's almost 8:30 p.m.

But here's a happy thought...life does have a "do-over" button (assuming I live to see tomorrow). Each new day brings an opportunity for better things -- including better attitudes and a chance to find an albino squirrel.

Yup, you read that right -- a chance to find an albino squirrel.

Apparently there's one running around the neighborhood and my friend Amanda says if you see him, he'll bring you good luck. So I'm going to call it a day, get some rest, and then start my hunt tomorrow. Even if I don't find the albino squirrel, I bet I'll definitely find a better attitude!

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

well said. but... he's out there, you may not see him but he may see you... that too is lucky! Today is that day! believe it!

Amanda said...

P.S. That is the cutest picture... that's exactly what he looked like... but possibly a little more angelic? crazy were talking about a squirrel...! ha.

The Kindle Family said...

Awe.. hope you have a better day! Miss you!